Andrews Seminary In-Ministry MDiv Program
Master of Divinity/Clinical Pastoral Education Program is jointly sponsored by the Adventist Health System and Andrews University in cooperation with:
- Adventist Health System
- Andrews University
- North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists
- The Florida Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
Students seeking admission into the Master of Divinity/Clinical Pastoral Education (M.Div./CPE) program must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate of an Adventist college/university with a B.A. in religion or theology
- Have a sense of pastoral calling in the hospital environment
- Meet the entrance requirements of the Andrews University MDiv. program
- Meet requirements for employment by Adventist Health System
- Resolve to excel in spiritual, personal, and professional growth
- Willingness to incorporate theological learning in local context, appropriate to diverse culture
MDiv/CPE Progam Outline
The MDiv/CPE program begins at a Florida Hospital campus in Central Florida. In that year you will begin your practical theological education for ministry by completing two units of Clinical Pastoral Education and interning alongside professional chaplains at one of the FH campuses.
Year Two and Three
Your next step takes you to the campus of Andrews University Theological Seminary where you will complete your academic requirements for the MDiv degree.
You will continue your practical theological education for ministry by completing two units of Clinical Pastoral Education and ministering alongside professional chaplains at one of the AHS Hospital campuses.
- completed CPE application form. This form can be obtained online at: www.pastoraleducation.org
- A resume of your educational, work and volunteer experience
- A passport type photo of yourself, preferably in color
- An essay of 300-500 words expressing your interest in Chaplaincy ministry
- A letter of recommendation from a Chaplain indicating a minimum of Thirty (30) hours of volunteer work in a health care setting.
Application materials should be sent to:
Office of Mission and Ministries
Adventist Health System
111 North Orlando Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789-3675
*Separate application is required for Andrews University MDiv program and is available from Andrews University.
*If you would like a brochure about the MDiv/CPE program sent to you, please complete the request form.